COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hughes Telematics, Inc. (Hughes Telematics ) receives and stores the personal information that you provide on this Website. The personal information we collect includes information that can identify you as a specific individual, such as your name, organization, position, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
COLLECTION OF OTHER INFORMATION
Hughes Telematics or its agents may collect other non-personal information about your computer (such as your IP address, web browser software, operating system, and online activity) when you visit this Website. We may also assign you a "cookie" (a small, unique identifier text file) that we use for a variety of purposes to enhance your experience on this Website. We will provide you with a choice before we collect any personal information through cookies.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hughes Telematics may use the personal information you provide on this Website in certain ways in connection with our business. These uses include:
- Establishing, servicing and maintaining our commercial relationship with you;
- Sending you news updates, if you choose to subscribe to this service;
- Managing your account and enabling you to discontinue your subscription to our news service;
- Providing you information about our products and services;
- Responding to your questions and comments;
- Soliciting information and feedback from you, including through surveys and questionnaires;
- Performing business analyses to improve the quality of our business, this Website, and the services we offer; or
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hughes Telematics may share your information with the following entities:
- Among our corporate affiliates, including Hughes Communications, Inc., Hughes Network Systems, Inc., Apollo Management LP, and Networkfleet, Inc. All of these entities are governed by similar privacy policies. They also will comply with applicable laws governing the transmission of promotional communications and, at a minimum, give you an opportunity in any such e-mail that they send to choose not to receive such promotional e-mail messages in the future.
- Third-party service providers who may provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, marketing, event organization, distribution of surveys or programs, collection agency, or customer service. In the event that we use third-party service providers for any of these functions, these companies will only have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions. These third parties will not be permitted to use or share the information for any other purpose. We will require that the employees of these third parties protect the confidentiality, privacy and security of your personal information as described in this policy.
Hughes Telematics may also share your personal information in the following limited circumstances:
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law;
- To protect or defend the rights or property of Hughes Telematics or others, or the safety of the public;
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale; or
- Otherwise pursuant to your consent.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to correct any of your personal information that we have collected, or withdraw your consent to any of our use of your personal information, you may do so by emailing us with the specifics of correction or withdrawal of your consent at legal@HughesTelematics.com.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hughes Telematics has implemented electronic security procedures to help protect the personal information that you provide to us. We use steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and we destroy it when it is no longer reasonably required. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy.
Our marketing programs and Websites do not target children under the age of 13, and this Website is not designed to attract them. We do not knowingly solicit personal information from children. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
Hughes Telematics may make changes to this policy from time to time. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use or maintain your personal information, we will make that information available on this Website.
HOW TO CONTACT US